MEET YOUR MENTOR: JOE SOLO
Joe Solo is the 23-year LA Record Producer who developed Macy Gray (She has sold over 17 million records.) Joe’s credits include Michael Jackson, Fergie, will i. am, Quincy Jones, Universal, Sony, Apple, Interscope, Atlantic, sand many others, and is founder of the Music Success Workshop and CEO of Joe Solo Music+Entertainment, Inc.
“Our goal in this Retreat,” says Joe, “is have you chart your own personal path to a successful life in music. You’ll leave the Retreat with an in-depth understanding of the Music Industry and how you can apply your unique creativity to your own music within the realities of your life situation.
“You’ll learn how to relate to, understand, and work with others so you’ll write better songs and have better recordings. You’ll learn the importance of good production. If you wish, you’ll have a chance to hear your material played with candid feedback from both the audience and me to enhance your creativity. I’ll give you EVERYTHING I got and I’ll answer all your questions.”
“I cherry-pick these folks because I believe each one has a unique insider perspective on how to create a niche for yourself and breakthrough in today’s crowded attention economy,” says Joe. “No where else will musicians find this insanely useful information!”
7:00 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Catered VIP Dinner with Music Industry Executives (Platinum & Platinum Premiere levels only)
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Part 4: Crash Course in Music Marketing (Presentation, Fans, Income)
- Modern direct marketing techniques for songwriters, musicians and artists.
- How to build a following.
- Just 500 die-hard fans and you can quit your day job.
- What record and publishing companies need to see to say, “Yes.”
- Structuring your marketing materials (bios, websites, photos).
- Publicity, sponsorships, and endorsement deals.
1:00 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
2:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Part 5: YOU and the Music Industry. (People, Business, Deals)
- Breaking in and navigating the industry.
- Finding the people you need to know and getting them to hear your songs.
- Learn what motivates each type of key industry executive to build better relationships.
- When do you need a mentor, attorney or manager, and how to choose them.
- How to get a record contract and publishing contract, and why you just might not care.
- Get ongoing income by placing your music into Film & TV, Commercials and Video Games.
- Protecting your music – and why getting screwed can be a GOOD thing!
- Strategies for choosing the right band members, co-writers and other collaborators.
7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Sunday Night Songwriter Jam. (Optional – Time Allowing)
- Collaborate & write new material with your fellow attendees.
- Exchange creative techniques – pickup new songwriting tips.
- Improve your lyrical game by sharing each other writing processes.
- And most important of all… have a rootin’ tooting’ good time!
7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Overnighter’s Check – Out Deadline. (Platinum Premiere Level only)
Joe and his staff will be on hand help out and to say goodbye.
2 weeks after the Workshop
Part 6: Private 1-on-1 consultation with Joe.
Get all your follow up questions answered. Finalize your Music Success Road Map.
What this Workshop will NOT cover:
This is not a technical training session. We won’t cover how to operate mixers, digital delays, EQs, compressors and other equipment.
However, we will be discussing how to use technology creatively to invent new sounds and vibes.
Joe wants to get to know you & your music right away!
Upon registering for the retreat, we’ll send you his “Getting To Know You Questionnaire” and provide you with your unique Dropbox so he can hear your music.
Build The Career Plan That Works For You
4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Overnighter’s Check – In. (Platinum Premiere Level only)
- Unpack & unwind.
- Grab a jacuzzi hot tub or enjoy a steam shower.
- Tap into the Wi-Fi and check out the local surf report
- Grab a pick-up game of table tennis or just hang out & chill.
7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Kick-Off Reception At The Mansion
- All attendees are invited to come and meet each other
- Hang out and bond with Joe and your new music friends
- Hear Joe’s hilarious, riveting stories from inside the music industry. (Ask him about the “Michael Jackson Incident”)
- Cool movies will be playing in the downstairs movie theatre.
- You never know what surprise music guests may show up!
10:00 a.m. – Noon
PART 1: It’s all about YOU. (Goals, Mentality & Commitment)
- Get clarity on your goals and define your path.
- I’m a singer/songwriter. Should I seek a publishing deal or be an artist?
- Should I get a degree or a certification at a music school?
- Navigating a career in music with family stresses and work obligations.
- How can I make a living in music if I’m not in New York or LA?
- How to prevent wasting years doing the wrong things, going about it the wrong way.
Noon – 4:00 p.m.
Part 2: Your MUSIC. (Songwriting, Production & Artistry)
(1:00 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. Lunch Break)
- On-the-spot song evaluations.
- Hear “before” and “after” versions of the same song to see the difference great production makes.
- Learn songwriting techniques for universal appeal.
- How “ego shaping” gets you top performances.
- How to write a song that attracts fans and excites the industry while staying true to your music.
- The psychology of producing hit songs.
- Creative song pacing, orchestration, and arranging techniques.
- It’s not just about gear and technology, it’s about inspiration, creation and motivation.
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Part 3: Manager, Publisher & Music Supervisor Panel:
Find out the best ways to win film and TV placements, publishing deals, record contracts, and hear advice from deep inside the industry.
Get on our “1st Call List” for Joe’s upcoming Music Success Retreat (May 26, 2018 to May 29, 2018) . . .
Email your name & phone number to email@example.com and we’ll call to reserve your spot within 24 hours.
Only 30 tickets total, with 15 of them over-nighters, will be sold.
Preview Joe’s Info-Packed Video “The Psychology of Producing Hit Songs.” (Included in Gold, Platinum & Platinum Premiere levels)
You also get 3 additional full-length live videos full of Joe’s “insider info” at prestigious events such as ASCAP Expo, NAMM Shows, Billboard’s Film & TV Music Conference, Musician’s Institute, Sync Summit, and University of California Schools.
Choose Your Level of Involvement:
3 Day Workshop – Friday Reception, All Day Saturday, All Day Sunday – Includes:
On-The-Spot Evaluation Of Your Song By Joe Solo — 30 slots – Participation is optional ($325 Value)
Panel of Managers, Music Supervisors & Publishers — Get inside answers to your questions from Industry Experts.
Free Entry for $4,800 Give-Away Drawings Software & Equipment — From: Gibson, Akai, Guitar Center, Propellerhead, Presonus, PlugIn Alliance and others.
60 Min 1-on-1 Follow Up Phone Call With Joe Solo ($325 Value) — The where we tie it all together: Two weeks after the Malibu Retreat, you and I will have a one-on-one conversation to take what you’ve learned and put together your custom music career Road Map. Get answers to your most burning questions on career direction, getting to the next level, improving music quality, have Joe evaluate your music, and — we’ll finalize your Music Success Road Map.
Friday Night Networking Reception hosted by Joe – We’ll kick-off the retreat on Fri. from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm. This is a great way to meet and network with your fellow attendees. You’ll become fast friends and industry colleagues within minutes of arriving! Relax in the jacuzzi, too!
Includes All Previous Benefits Plus:
“The Psychology of Producing Hits Songs”
– 90 min. live video. ($95 Value) Discover the secrets seasoned producers use to create songs that become hits. Joe breaks it all down for you in this live, revealing presentation on the human elements that translate into the creation of hit music. He also tells entertaining behind-the-scenes stories and plays “before and after” examples of recording to illustrate his message.
“NAMM Show Songwriter/Producers Panel”
– 90 min. live video ($95 Value) Live from USA’s biggest music convention, The NAMM Show: Joe leads a panel of hit Songwriter/Producers as they share inside tips on their wide-ranging writing process, the marketing aspects of music, how production affects the perception of the song, and many other valuable insights you won’t get anywhere else. Also hear audience members capitalize on this rare opportunity to pick the panelist’s brains – their answers will help you further your own music career.
The panel of these accomplished industry taste-makers includes:
Joe Solo — (Macy Gray, Fergie, Shiny Toy Guns, Erykah Badu)
Jacob Luttrell — (Flo Rida, Enrique Iglesias, Justin Bieber, Ricky Martin)
Michele Vice-Maslin — (Emmy winner, Ke$ia, Nick Carter )
Darrell Brown — (Keith Urban, LeAnn Rimes, Rascal Flatts)
Steve Schnur – (Worldwide Executive In Charge of Music for Electronic Arts, Sarah McLachlan)
“Making Music Money” – 90 min. live video ($95 Value)
Must viewing for every music professional who wants to maximize their music income. Joe also shows you how music publishing works, the pitfalls to avoid when collaborating with others, and shares with you insights about generating income while staying true to your music.
“Getting Your Music In Film, TV, and Advertising Panel” – 90 min. live video ($95 Value)
Joe leads a panel of top Hollywood Music Supervisors at the Beverly Hills Sync Summit Film Music Conference. Here inside tips from the people who are responsible for getting your music in film, TV, video games, and commercials. Includes the story of how one band turned a single car commercial placement into a lucrative lifelong music career and international recognition in less then 30 days.
Includes All Previous Benefits Plus:
2 Hours of Follow Up Phone Calls
or In-Person Coaching Sessions With Joe – Get an additional hour of follow-up consultation. It can be done via phone, Skype/FaceTime, or in person at Joe’s Los Angeles studio – you choose! ($1400 Value)**
Exclusive VIP Networking Dinner with Joe and 7 Managers, Music Supervisors / Music Publishers (Sat Night: Includes meal except alcohol.)
“Super-boost” your career by joining us in an exclusive networking dinner Joe is hosting with these industry taste-makers, providing you a direct link to meeting the people who can get your music placed in film and TV! Catered by a surprise Hollywood Celebrity Chef.***
Sunday Night Songwriting Jam (Optional – Time Allowing)
Enjoy a casual songwriting break-out session. Partner up and collaborate with members of your new-found music community and learn fresh tips on songwriting techniques from each other
Or just relax: Swim in the pool, soak in the jacuzzi, or watch a movie together in the 18 Seat In-House Movie Theatre.
Platinum Premiere Level (Only 15 Slots Available)
Includes All Previous Benefits plus:
Overnight Accommodations at the Malibu Beach Mansion for the entire weekend! ($1475-$1975 Value)
“Our evenings together will be SO FUN! We’ll be hangin’ out all night, and you never know which of my industry buddies might stop by to say ‘hello’ in search of new music talent.” says your host, Joe Solo.
“This is the perfect atmosphere to jam, co-write, exchange music experiences, and bond with your peers. By the end of the 3-day experience, you’ll have created life-long connections that become the foundation of your music career support system.”
Each of the 5 bedroom suites has its own bath, spa tub, and steam room; and four of them have private ocean view balconies. Each of the 5 suites has a queen or king bed plus a futon and a sleep sofa. For the Joe Solo Malibu Retreat we are asking that each bedroom suite has 2 – 4 people of the same gender.*
*Purchasing multiple registrations? We will gladly assign members of your party to the same guest room regardless of gender. Also, extra cots can be brought in your room for parties of 4-5.
PLATINUM PREMIERE SPECIAL BONUS:
Free 1 Hour Consultation On Music Production Services* Signup with Joe to give your song or album the “professional” sound needed to attract audiences and industry execs. (Value: $700)
Where & When:
September 14 to 17, 2018*
Malibu Beach, California – (35 Minutes North of LAX)
*Note for Platinum Premiere Over-Nighters: Checkout is Monday by 9:00 a.m.
Specific address of the Mansion will be sent upon registration.
LUXURIOUS MALIBU BEACH MANSION – SLEEPS 15 (Platinum Premiere Only)
Built 5 years ago, this lavish $10,000,000 estate is on 3 acres of Pacific Ocean view land and is built from imported Italian limestone. It features grand ocean view living spaces and bedrooms. It has a gourmet kitchen with Viking appliances, and a complete indoor movie theatre.
The mansion includes an elevator, 2 family rooms, 9 flat screen TVs and wireless Internet. The grounds are manicured and have a limestone swimming pool and jacuzzi with three tiered waterfalls, color night lighting, an outdoor music system, a central fountain, table tennis, a sport court and space for 15 cars. Days and evenings here are 99% rain free in May. Walk across the street to your own gated private sandy beach. The mansion has been frequented by foreign dignitaries, presidential candidates, sports, movie, and music celebrities.
Says Joe, “Whether you’re flying in from out of town, or live right here in Los Angeles but don’t want to deal with all that traffic, be sure to make your reservation now – overnight accommodations are limited to just me and 15 other people.”